Regional Quality Manager
- Kent / South East Area - Flexible Base Location -
£35,000 p.a + 10% discretionary bonus + BMW or £350 car allowance
When you join Spicerhaart you become a valued part of the Spicerhaart Family, which is the largest independent estate agent in the UK. We are passionate about developing our people and actively work towards a nurturing culture of continuous improvement to enable staff to reach their full potential. We operate in a high performance culture that prides itself on delivering excellent customer service inside and out. Our reputation depends on the service we provide to our internal and external customers.
£35,000 basic salary
10% discretionary bonus (5% paid twice a year)
BMW or a £350 car allowance
Death in Service after 12 months
Freedom to choose your own base location
You as the Regional Quality Manager at Just Mortgages
Passionate people are everywhere at Just Mortgages. This is a company which truly allows you to #followyourhaart and work with your very own professional family. When you’re in, you’re in – and it will be the best career decision you will ever make. Your personality will be the key to your success at Just Mortgages. The dedication you have to your team and natural ability to communicate will be evident in the way you gel with the members of this company and conduct yourself as someone who will go above and beyond. You will be able to organise yourself to ensure we continue we grow to be one of the strongest Financial Services Arms within the property sector. Your role will be one of the most important roles in the company, ensuring the company continues to maintain great compliance scores with our provider, Openwork.
- You will be able to get along with anyone and everyone. You are the type of person that understands the importance of your role and the influence and gravitas of you team within the organisation, but you are also down-to-earth, friendly and team-orientated
- You will present yourself with an attitude of positive and meaningful compliance, with a willingness to help, coach and develop both advisors and managers to ensure high standards of quality are maintained
- You will be Results Orientated and able to organise yourself and others to achieve your goals
- You will have the customer's best interest at heart - proving to be a strong customer champion
- Confident, professional and personable style
- You will have a credible and proven history of supervisory experience, guiding and developing others.
- Provide compliance support to a team of self-employed mortgage and protection advisors and their management
- Responsible for the delivery of a prescribed internal audit programme within Just Mortgages to ensure regulatory compliance and excellent customer outcomes.
- Ad-hoc auditing for specific risk areas, when required
- Responsible for annual competency assessments, to ensure Openwork and Just Mortgages standards are being met.
- To have oversight of sales quality within the region and provide on-going support and coaching in relation to sales quality to ensure minimum standards are met.
- Ensure documentation in respect of performance management and risk mitigation is completed to required standards and followed up appropriately
- Regular attendance at team meetings to provide updates and training on compliance issues
- Provide regular reports and management information to senior management
- Responsible for production of monthly KPIs to highlight any areas of regulatory risk within the team
- Assist with the investigation of fraud concerns
- Provide cover for supervisors within the team in case of holidays or illness
- Provide support and assistance to Head of Compliance, as required
- Provide proactive, positive and meaningful compliance support and coaching as necessary within the team
Qualifications and Requirements:
- A thorough working knowledge of mortgages and the mortgage sales processes
- CeMAP, or industry recognised equivalent qualification is a pre-requisite
- A financial services or banking background would be an advantageous
- A good understanding of the financial services core products e. Mortgages, Protection and General Insurance
- Understanding of potential of IT tools and techniques, and integration of IT into business
- Knowledge of traditional estate agency/financial services retail practices from both a client and business perspective
- A good level of technical knowledge of all systems used within the sales
- A competent and professional telephone
- A good standard of report writing and record
- Well-developed planning, organising and influencing
- Ability to accurately and objectively assess and record factual
- Good keyboard/ computer skills, with the ability to adapt these skills to this specific role
- Ability to prioritise effectively
Equal Opportunities: At Spicerhaart, variety makes our Company DNA come to life. We love people - and what's more - we love the differences that make each person who they are and we support you and encourage those differences to make you the best person you can be. Spicerhaart are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and we welcome all talented individuals to apply for a career with us. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let our Talent Team know.
To all recruitment agencies: Spicerhaart does not accept speculative agency CVs. Please do not forward CVs to our Talent Team, Spicerhaart employees or any other company location. Spicerhaart is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.